Understanding Base. Troubleshooting Wi-Fi and networking in the BlackBerry PlayBook
To troubleshoot a Wi-Fi link on a BlackBerryВ® PlayBook tablet, kindly decide to try the next activities:
BlackBerry PlayBook Settings Problems:
- From the standing club, tap the Wi-Fi signal and validate that the switch is scheduled to On.
- Verify that the time in the BlackBerry PlayBook is synchronized utilizing the system time. In the event that right times will vary, it may stop the BlackBerry PlayBook from linking (for instance, if connecting towards the community takes a certification be put in regarding the BlackBerry PlayBook additionally the certification posseses a termination time).
- Verify that your options when it comes to Wi-Fi system are proper. To discover just what choices to make use of, for a house system, relate to the data that included the house wireless router; for the enterprise Wi-Fi network, contact the enterprise system administrator; for a community hotspot, make reference to any information given to the hotspot or contact a member of staff during the hotspot whom may have information about how exactly to link.
In the event that Wi-Fi network ended up being manually switched and will not work, take to manually changing to some other Wi-Fi system.
Wrong System Login Problems:
- Mistake message not able to obtain A ip. This can be because of an invalid password. can look once the system code is incorrect for a WEP community. The range WPA:4-Way Handshake were unsuccessful will be into the BlackBerry PlayBook Wi-Fi logs to verify that the code had been incorrect. More details in regards to the Wi-Fi logs can be obtained into the extra information part.
- Mistake message neglected to connect with the system. Kindly look at your code and attempt once more. will be if the community code is incorrect on a WPA system. The range WPA:4-Way Handshake were unsuccessful will be within the BlackBerry PlayBook Wi-Fi logs to ensure that the code ended up being incorrect. More info in regards to the Wi-Fi logs can be obtained into the more information area.
- Mistake message did not hook up to the community. Will be if the login name or code is wrong for a system WPA that is using enterprise WPA2 Enterprise. The range EAP verification began will likely to be used two lines later on by Disconnect event вЂ“ eliminate secrets to make sure the login information ended up being wrong. Additional information in regards to the Wi-Fi logs can be located when you look at the more information part.
- The text may have timed completely. Take to linking once again.
- The minimal Wi-Fi password length permitted from the BlackBerry PlayBook is 8 figures. Any such thing quantity lower than 8 will prevent the connect option from being energetic.
- The BlackBerry PlayBook could be past an acceptable limit from the access that is wireless or cordless router in order to connect. Go the BlackBerry PlayBook closer and try linking once again.
- Verify that the BlackBerry PlayBook is within a Wi-Fi protection location. If linking to a house community, see if various various other cordless products tend to be in a position to link. The enterprise network administrator or an employee at the hotspot if connecting to an enterprise Wi-Fi network or a hotspot, contact.
- The network might be hidden if the Wi-Fi network doesn’t appear in the list of available networks. In the event that system title is well known, decide to try linking to it manually
- While using the Push Button Setup technique, verify that the access point utilizes Wi-Fi Protected Setupв„ў, and therefore it was set-to deliver its profile. Verify that another unit just isn’t also wanting to link in the same time, and therefore no more than one accessibility point within range is within this mode. To find out more, begin to see the information that was included with the cordless router.
- If any type or types of MAC filtering/whitelisting is enabled from the Wi-Fi system, make sure that PlayBook MAC target happens to be put into the whitelist. MAC target can be had from: choices ->About ->Network Information.
- The router that is wireless have to be reset. Relate to an individual handbook when it comes to router that is wireless. The enterprise network administrator or an employee at the hotspot if connecting to an enterprise Wi-Fi network or a hotspot, contact. NOTE: Kindly utilize this action being a final resort as it’s going to influence all products attached to the Wi-Fi system.
- If utilizing PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST, or EAP-TTLS to connect with a Wi-Fi system, verify that the root certification are set up when it comes to certificate authority host that developed the certification when it comes to verification host. The certificate should be utilized in the BlackBerry PlayBook before it could hook up to the community. The network administrator for more information, contact.
- If using EAP-TLS to connect with a Wi-Fi system, verify that the verification certificate happens to be put into the BlackBerry PlayBook. The certification must certanly be utilized in the BlackBerry PlayBook before it could hook up to the system. To find out more, contact the system administrator.